CHALLENGING AND REWARDING OPPORTUNITY
TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN JUVENILE AND FAMILY COURT SYSTEMS
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Salary Range: $47,500 – $61,500 per annum, DOE
FLSA Status: Exempt
The National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges (NCJFCJ), a national non-profit organization, is seeking applications to fill the position of Grants Analyst in Reno, NV. This position will build on the NCJFCJ’s exceptional 85-year record of improving courts and systems practice and raising awareness of the core issues that touch the lives of many of our nation’s children and families. As a leader in continuing education opportunities, research, publication development, technical assistance, and policy development in the field of juvenile and family justice, the NCJFCJ is unique in providing practice-based resources to jurisdictions and communities nationwide. View NCJFCJ’s current initiatives at: www.ncjfcj.org/about.
The mission of the NCJFCJ is to provide all judges, courts, and related agencies and practitioners involved with juvenile, family, and domestic violence cases with the knowledge and skills to improve the lives of the families and children who seek justice. The NCJFCJ values staff who are independent, creative, tenacious, resourceful, dependable, and passionate about their work. NCJFCJ staff work collaboratively in a team setting to achieve this mission.
This full-time Grants Analyst position is located in Reno, Nevada. Reno is the largest city in Northern Nevada. It is nestled on the eastern slope of the Sierra Nevada Mountains and provides unlimited indoor and outdoor recreational activities. Spectacular Lake Tahoe and the world’s largest concentration of ski facilities are all within a fifty-mile radius. Biking, camping, fishing, and mountain climbing are all activities Reno residents and visitors enjoy. For more information, please visit: https://www.washoecounty.gov.
The Grants Analyst position serves as a liaison between the Finance Department and federal funding agencies, the Juvenile and Family Law program, and administrative programs regarding all aspects of funding. This position also regularly performs bank reconciliations, and serves as a backup for other Finance staff and accounting functions as needed.
The successful applicant for the Grants Analyst position will provide accounting support and perform tasks including:
- Develop, analyze, interpret, track, manage, and prepare projections for all aspects of various projects’ budgets
- Effectively communicate in both verbal and written form
- Work closely with the program directors on administering of projects within a budget
- Coordinate and provide all budget-related expenditures and related reports
- Accurately code invoices, expenditures, etc., and relay all for processing
- Process travel expense vouchers
- Generate conference approval forms/post event reports
- Be familiar with all grant-related compliance issues
- Maintain positive collaborative relations with co-workers, federal grant monitors, administrators, partners, and others
- Operate independently and within a team
- Follow a project through to completion
- Be flexible in response to a changing workload
- Travel may be required on an infrequent basis
The key desirable and preferred requirements for this position include:
- Undergraduate degree in the field of business, finance, or accounting
- Three or more years of related experience in grant administration, financial analysis, budgets, forecasting and accounting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (emphasis in Excel) and accounting software; MIP preferred
- Experience in a non-profit environment is preferred
- Certification in Federal Grants Financial Management preferred
For more information regarding the work experience, educational requirements and essential job functions, please refer to the Grants Analyst job description attached.
The successful applicant for this position must be able to travel to and relocate to Reno, Nevada. The NCJFCJ is not able to provide reimbursement for interview travel or relocation expenses.
The NCJFCJ’s current benefit package includes medical/dental/vision/prescription coverage for full-time employees and their dependents. Life insurance, and retirement savings plan with employer match after one year of employment. If you are a dynamic and professional individual who appreciates demanding yet gratifying work, we invite you to submit your completed application materials.
FOR FULL CONSIDERATION, applicants must submit the following:
- Cover Letter/Tailored Letter of Interest
- Résumé or CV
~ NCJFCJ is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer ~