CHALLENGING AND REWARDING OPPORTUNITY
TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN JUVENILE AND FAMILY COURT SYSTEMS
Human Resources Generalist
Application Deadline: August 19, 2022
Starting Salary Range: $45,000-$55,000 per annum, DOE
FLSA Status: Exempt
The National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges (NCJFCJ), a national non-profit organization headquartered in Reno, NV, is seeking applications to fill the position of Human Resources Generalist to build on the exceptional 85-year record of improving courts and systems practice and raising awareness of the core issues that touch the lives of many of our nation’s children and families. As a leader in continuing education opportunities, research, publication development, technical assistance, and policy development in the field of juvenile and family justice, the NCJFCJ is unique in providing practice-based resources to jurisdictions and communities nationwide. For an overview of the NCJFCJ’s major initiatives, please go to www.ncjfcj.org/about.
The mission of the NCJFCJ is to provide all judges, courts, and related agencies and practitioners involved with juvenile, family, and domestic violence cases with the knowledge and skills to improve the lives of the families and children who seek justice. The NCJFCJ values team members who are independent, creative, tenacious, resourceful, dependable, and passionate about their work. NCJFCJ team members work collaboratively in a collegial setting to achieve this mission.
The NCJFCJ is seeking a full-time Human Resources Generalist to perform complex and routine human resources administrative services on a professional level and provide support to senior human resource management, supervisors/managers, and personnel in all aspects of human resource functions.
The minimum requirements for this position include:
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university in human resource management, business administration, or relevant field
- Three to five years’ performing professional human resources specialty or generalist functions; or
- Equivalent combination of training, education, and experience in human resources; PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification preferred
- Passion or preference for working in a non-profit or grant-funded environment
The successful candidate for this position will be expected to engage in a wide range of professional activities such as:
- Provide human resources services including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, employee relations and retention, state and federal compliance, and completing personnel transactions
- Participate in developing departmental goals, objectives, and systems
- Administration of benefits including assist with claims resolution, change reporting, reconcile invoices for payment, and communicate benefit information to employees
- Assist with the implementation of the performance appraisal system
- Assist in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals
- Prepare various reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends; develop and maintain affirmative action program, and file various state or federal compliance reports
- Maintain human resource information systems, records, and other employee or organization data systems
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation and advise management on needed actions
The Human Resources Generalist position is located in Reno, Nevada. Reno is the largest city in northern Nevada. It is nestled on the eastern slope of the Sierra Nevada Mountains and provides unlimited indoor and outdoor recreational activities. Spectacular Lake Tahoe and the world’s largest concentration of ski facilities are all within a fifty-mile radius. Biking, camping, fishing, and mountain climbing are all activities Reno residents and visitors enjoy. For more information, please visit https://www.washoecounty.gov.
The successful candidate for this position must be able to travel to and relocate to Reno, Nevada. The NCJFCJ is not able to provide reimbursement for interview travel or relocation expenses.
The NCJFCJ’s current benefit package includes medical/dental/vision/prescription coverage for full-time employees and their dependents, life insurance, and retirement savings plan with employer match after one year of employment. If you are a dynamic and professional individual who appreciates demanding yet gratifying work, we invite you to submit your completed application materials.
FOR FULL CONSIDERATION, applicants must submit the following no later than FRIDAY, AUGUST 19, 2022:
• Tailored Letter of Interest
• Résumé or CV
~ NCJFCJ is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer ~