CHALLENGING AND REWARDING OPPORTUNITY
TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN JUVENILE AND FAMILY COURT SYSTEMS
National Center for Juvenile Justice
Application Deadline: August 12, 2022
Starting Salary Range: $54,000 – $68,000 annum, DOE
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges (NCJFCJ), a national non-profit organization, is seeking applications to fill the position of Research Associate for its research division, the National Center for Juvenile Justice (NCJJ) located in Pittsburgh, PA, to build on its exceptional 85-year record of improving courts and systems practice and raising awareness of the core issues that touch the lives of many of our nation’s children and families. As a leader in continuing education opportunities, research, publication development, technical assistance, and policy development in the field of juvenile and family justice, the NCJFCJ is unique in providing practice-based resources to jurisdictions and communities nationwide. View NCJFCJ’s current initiatives at: www.ncjfcj.org/about.
The mission of the NCJFCJ is to provide all judges, courts, and related agencies and practitioners involved with juvenile, family, and domestic violence cases with the knowledge and skills to improve the lives of the families and children who seek justice. The NCJFCJ values team members who are independent, creative, tenacious, resourceful, dependable, and passionate about their work. NCJFCJ staff work collaboratively in a team setting to achieve this mission.
The National Center for Juvenile Justice (NCJJ), NCJFCJ’s research division, works toward effective justice for children and families through research and technical assistance. Research is a vital component of the NCJFCJ’s efforts to improve the lives of children and families. Since its inception in 1973, NCJJ (www.ncjj.org) has been a resource for statistics and independent and original research on topics related directly and indirectly to the field of juvenile justice. NCJJ offers a collaborative work environment in a modern riverside location on Pittsburgh’s rapidly developing South Side.
This full-time Research Associate position is located in Pittsburgh, PA. For more information on the Pittsburgh area please visit https://www.visitpittsburgh.com.
The minimum requirements for this position include:
- Master’s degree from an accredited university in a behavioral science, social science, or law; an advanced degree is preferred
- At least three years’ experience working as a researcher or evaluator in the juvenile justice, social science, or human service field, or
- Equivalent combination of training, education, and experience in a relevant field
- Experience in a non-profit or grant-funded environment preferred
The successful candidate for this position must:
- Have working knowledge of and interest in the juvenile justice system
- Be able to perform data analyses in Excel and SPSS (advanced skills in Excel required)
- Have an understanding of database structure and social science research study designs
- Be able to effectively manage diverse tasks across projects and meet expected timelines
- Have strong communication skills including technical writing and public presentations
- Be able to organize and synthesize large data sets
- Be able to plan and carry work through to completion, with limited supervision, with accuracy and a strong emphasis on attention to detail
- Be willing to work independently and seek assistance when needed
- Be willing and able to independently identify and solve problems and make decisions
- Be able to adapt to the working environment
For more information regarding the work experience, educational requirements and essential job functions, please refer to the Research Associate job description attached.
The successful candidate for this position must be able to travel to and relocate to Pittsburgh, PA. The NCJFCJ is not able to provide reimbursement for interview travel or relocation expenses.
The NCJFCJ’s current benefit package includes medical/dental/vision/prescription coverage for full-time employees and their dependents, life insurance, and a retirement savings plan with employer match after one year of employment. If you are a dynamic and professional individual who appreciates demanding yet gratifying work, we invite you to submit your completed application materials.
FOR FULL CONSIDERATION, applicants must submit the following no later than FRIDAY, AUGUST 12, 2022:
• Tailored Letter of Interest
• Résumé or CV
~ NCJFCJ is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer ~