CHALLENGING AND REWARDING OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN JUVENILE AND FAMILY COURT SYSTEMS
Application Deadline: December 22, 2023
Starting Salary Range: $17.30-$24.00 per hour, DOE
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges (NCJFCJ), a national non-profit organization headquartered in Reno, Nevada, is seeking to fill the position of Planning Specialist. This position will build on the exceptional 86-year record of improving courts and systems practice and raising awareness of the core issues that touch the lives of many of our nation’s children and families. As a leader in continuing education opportunities, research, publication development, technical assistance, and policy development in the field of juvenile and family justice, the NCJFCJ is unique in providing practice-based resources to jurisdictions and communities nationwide. For an overview of the NCJFCJ’s major initiatives,
please go to www.ncjfcj.org/about.
The mission of the NCJFCJ is to provide all judges, courts, and related agencies involved with juvenile, family, and domestic violence cases with the knowledge and skills to improve the lives of the families and children who seek justice. The NCJFCJ values staff who are independent, creative, tenacious, resourceful, dependable, and passionate about their work. NCJFCJ staff work collaboratively in a team setting to achieve this mission.
The Planning Specialist position serves to provide centralized support by standardizing and overseeing processes and logistical management of the NCJFCJ’s travel, meetings and special events. This includes the coordination and execution of travel, meeting, and event planning. This position also adheres to organizational guidelines, values, and goals while ensuring budget and reporting compliance within funding sources. Under limited supervision, qualified applicants must be able to effectively perform generally accepted and specialized meeting planning functions.
Strong Emphasis is placed on the following experience and abilities:
- Organize meeting planning activities for various NCJFCJ programs and departments
- Support the Travel Desk, as needed, to search flights, hotels, and/or transportation options; and assist staff and non-staff with travel
- Prepare RFPs, search hotel and event venues, review and analyze hotel contracts, review and prepare hotel analyses
- Organize, coordinate, and assist with national conferences and trainings
- Provide financial accounting, track historical data, and support the registrar function
- Provide on-site logistical support, as needed
- Strong organizational, communication, and technical skills
- Computer software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, MemberSuite, etc.
The ideal candidate for the planning specialist position will possess:
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to make clear and concise decisions
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and communication skills with high attention to detail
- Reliability and exemplary professionalism
- Ability to coordinate many programs simultaneously
The Planning Specialist position is located in Reno, Nevada. Reno, the largest city in Northern Nevada, is nestled on the eastern slope of the Sierra Nevada Mountains and provides unlimited indoor and outdoor recreational activities. Spectacular Lake Tahoe and the world’s largest concentration of ski facilities are all within a fifty-mile radius. Biking, camping, fishing, and mountain climbing are all activities Reno residents and visitors enjoy. For more information, please visit www.washoecounty.gov.
The successful candidate for this position must be able to travel to and relocate to Reno, Nevada. The NCJFCJ is not able to provide reimbursement for interview travel or relocation expenses.
We are proud to invest in you and offer these special benefits to our team members:
- 13 paid holidays
- 403(b) retirement savings plan, with a 4% employer match
- Comprehensive insurance coverage, including medical, dental, and vision with 75% of the employee’s premium paid by the NCJFCJ
- Term life insurance provided by NCJFCJ
- Strategic flexibility allowing for work/life balance
- 10 hours of annual leave per month/8 hours of sick leave per month
- Adjunct faculty status with the University of Nevada, Reno
- Education stipend/professional development opportunities
- Career longevity incentives (e.g., service awards and a deferred compensation plan)
If you are a dynamic and professional individual who appreciates demanding yet gratifying work, we invite you to submit your completed application materials.
FOR FULL CONSIDERATION, applicants must submit the following no later than December 8, 2023:
- Tailored Letter of Interest
- Résumé or CV
~ NCJFCJ is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer ~