All Juvenile Drug Courts (JDCs) need a process for determining how youth will get referred for consideration as participants and which youth will ultimately be accepted into the JDC program. There is no set of right or wrong procedures, decision points, or decision-making professionals for this process. Rather, the process, documentation, and the professionals involved in the decisions may vary from one court to another, depending on resources, personnel, program eligibility criteria, referral sources, and screening and assessment instruments available or in use.
The Referral and Acceptance Process Mapping Exercise Kit assists JDCs with creating a visual depiction of the process. Step-by-step instructions for doing the mapping exercise are included in the kit.
The Referral and Acceptance Process Mapping Exercise Kit includes the following materials:
- Overview for Mapping the Referral and Acceptance Process of Your Juvenile Drug Court Exercise
- Instructions for Mapping the Referral and Acceptance Process of Your Juvenile Drug Court Exercise
- Juvenile Drug Court Eligibility Worksheet
- Juvenile Drug Court Screening and Assessment Instrument(s) Worksheets
- Sample Referral and Acceptance Process Map
- Action Plan Template
- Action Plan Template [Large Version]
- Pre-Labeled and Blank Index Cards and for Decision Points and Steps
The NCJFCJ welcomes feedback from JDC teams using this toolkit. Please email us at email@example.com. Thank you!