During this webinar, participants will learn about:
- How judges can take a leadership role – from the bench and beyond in promoting community safety in domestic violence cases involving firearms.
- How community collaboration can enhance victim and community well-being.
- Opportunities for courts and communities to use existing laws to prevent abusers’ aces to firearms in civil and criminal cases.
- Effective strategies from jurisdictions around the country.
- Effective use of laws, policies, protocols, and forms to improve court practice.
LGBTQ2S+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning, and Two-Spirit) youth in rural and urban settings report higher rates of dating and sexual violence and are more likely to experience homelessness and be trafficked due to cultural…
Held on May 17, 2023, this webinar highlights the findings from "Youth and the Juvenile Justice System: 2022 National Report," developed for OJJDP/NIJ by the National Center for Juvenile Justice, the research division of the National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges.
Did you know that labor trafficking is one of the prevalent forms of human trafficking in the world? Child labor trafficking is one of the most underreported types of trafficking in the United States. This…