NCJFCJ partnered with judicially-led court sites to engage in Targeted Resource Mapping to document the continuum of services available for children and families affected by OUDs and other SUDs. As a result of that work, the NCJFCJ developed the Targeted Resource Mapping Toolkit (Mapping Toolkit). The Mapping Toolkit includes templates to develop a Targeted Resource Map (resource map), Targeted Resource Directory (resource directory), Targeted Resource Mapping Action Plan (action plan), and Lessons Learned in Targeted Resource Mapping.
After completing the Targeted Resource Mapping process with multiple court sites, NCJFCJ identified a need to fill gaps in the continuum of care for substance use disorders. With funding from the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, the NCJFCJ developed the guide, Six Strategies to Fill Community Service Gaps.
- Targeted Resource Mapping Toolkit
- Targeted Resource Map and Directory (Excel worksheet, fillable)
- Targeted Resource Mapping Action Plan (PDF)
- Children and Opioids in State Courts Project: Lessons Learned in Targeted Resource Mapping
- Targeted Resource Mapping Toolkit: Six Strategies to Fill Community Service Gaps
The Mapping Toolkit is intended to encourage and provide guidance to courts that are seeking to better understand existing resources, identify and address service gaps, and build relationships with providers in their community.