CHALLENGING AND REWARDING OPPORTUNITY
TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN JUVENILE AND FAMILY COURT SYSTEMS
National Center for Juvenile Justice
Application Deadline: August 12, 2022
Starting Salary Range: $42,000 – $45,000 per annum, DOE
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges (NCJFCJ), a national non-profit organization, is seeking applications to fill the position of Research Analyst for its research division, the National Center for Juvenile Justice (NCJJ) located in Pittsburgh, PA, to build on its exceptional 85-year record of improving courts and systems practice and raising awareness of the core issues that touch the lives of many of our nation’s children and families. As a leader in continuing education opportunities, research, publication development, technical assistance, and policy development in the field of juvenile and family justice, the NCJFCJ is unique in providing practice-based resources to jurisdictions and communities nationwide. View NCJFCJ’s current initiatives at: www.ncjfcj.org/about.
The mission of the NCJFCJ is to provide all judges, courts, and related agencies and practitioners involved with juvenile, family, and domestic violence cases with the knowledge and skills to improve the lives of the families and children who seek justice. The NCJFCJ values team members who are independent, creative, tenacious, resourceful, dependable, and passionate about their work. NCJFCJ staff work collaboratively in a team setting to achieve this mission.
The National Center for Juvenile Justice (NCJJ), the NCJFCJ’s research division, works toward effective justice for children and families through research and technical assistance. Research is a vital component of the NCJFCJ’s efforts to improve the lives of children and families. Since its inception in 1973, NCJJ (www.ncjj.org) has been a resource for statistics and independent and original research on topics related directly and indirectly to the field of juvenile justice. NCJJ offers a collaborative work environment in a modern riverside location on Pittsburgh’s rapidly developing South Side.
This full-time Research Analyst position is located in Pittsburgh, PA. For more information on the Pittsburgh area please visit https://www.visitpittsburgh.com.
The minimum requirements for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in behavioral science, social science, or human service field
- One year of related experience in a social science or human service field, or
- Equivalent combination of training, education, and experience in a relevant field
- Experience in a non-profit or grant-funded environment preferred
The successful candidate for this position must have:
- An interest in and knowledge of social science or legal research and its application in juvenile justice or juvenile and family law
- Strong, effective verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on report writing and development of information materials
- The ability to plan and carry work through to completion, with limited supervision, with accuracy and strong emphasis on attention to detail
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and projects using time management and organization skills
- Strong PC-based computer skills and proficiency utilizing various software such as Microsoft Office (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint) and Internet search engines and browsers
For more information regarding the work experience, educational requirements, and essential job functions, please refer to the Research Analyst job description attached.
The successful candidate for this position must be able to travel to and relocate to Pittsburgh, PA. The NCJFCJ is not able to provide reimbursement for interview travel or relocation expenses.
The NCJFCJ’s current benefit package includes medical/dental/vision/prescription coverage for full-time employees and their dependents, life insurance, and a retirement savings plan with employer match after one year of employment. If you are a dynamic and professional individual who appreciates demanding yet gratifying work, we invite you to submit your completed application materials.
FOR FULL CONSIDERATION, applicants must submit the following no later than FRIDAY, AUGUST 12, 2022:
• Tailored Letter of Interest
• Résumé or CV
~ NCJFCJ is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. ~