Applications Now Being Accepted
Apply to serve on the Board of Directors of the premier national organization that serves children, families, and victims of domestic violence in the court system.
During the NCJFCJ Annual Conference each July, the Nominating Committee is charged with recommending the slate of judicial candidates to serve a three-year term on the Board of Directors. The candidates are chosen from active judicial members who submit applications to serve as Directors. The election of judicial Directors takes place at the General Business Meeting of the Membership during the Annual Conference in July.
NCJFCJ judicial members who meet the qualifications are encouraged to apply, and to outreach to eligible colleagues who may be ready to contribute as a Board Director and encourage them to apply.
Please read carefully below for important information and timelines:
- To review the qualifications needed, visit the Bylaws Please verify your eligibility before submitting an application.
- The deadline for submitting an application for the 2020 election is no later than 11:59 p.m. Pacific time, on Wednesday, May 20, 2020.
- Application materials must include:
- a cover letter addressed to the Hon. Marshall Murray, Chair of the Nominating Committee (contact information below) expressing your interest in applying for a position on the Board; and
- a copy of your current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Applicants are also required to complete an application questionnaire. Please click on the link below to complete the application.
- If you are applying for a first term, the questionnaire will ask you to list two references with contact information. References may not be any member of the Nominating Committee.
Application materials should be sent to:
Honorable Marshall Murray, Nominating Committee Chair
c/o Board and Committee Coordinator, NCJFCJ
P.O. Box 8970
Reno, NV 89507
by email to email@example.com
by fax to (775) 507-4855
- Once all materials have been received and eligibility confirmed by NCJFCJ, you will be contacted regarding an appointment to interview with the Nominating Committee on Sunday, July 19, 2020 at the Nugget Casino Resort in Sparks, Nevada; in conjunction with the NCJFCJ’s 83rd Annual Conference (please visit click here for more information).
- It is very important to plan to arrive at the Nugget Casino Resort before 9:00 a.m. on Sunday, July 19, at which time all candidates will meet as a group with the Nominating Committee. This will be followed by private interviews with individual candidates during the day, and another group meeting at the end of the day to receive the results of the Committee’s deliberations.
- The slate will be voted on and new Directors will take the oath of office during the General Business Meeting of the Membership on Tuesday, July 21, 2020.
- If elected to the Board of Directors, you are expected to attend a short Introduction Meeting on Wednesday, July 22 prior to the start of conference sessions. Departing travel should be scheduled for Wednesday afternoon to allow for attendance at this meeting.
- The links below will take you to more information about serving on the NCJFCJ Board of Directors –
- 2019-2020 Nominating Committee Members
- First Term Candidate Questionnaire
- Second Term Candidate Questionnaire
- What is Expected of a Director
- NCJFCJ Director Duties & Responsibilities Agreement
- NCJFCJ Governance Handbook
- NCJFCJ Bylaws and other relevant policies
- Members are encouraged to review the Nominating Committee Process and Procedures for more information
If you or a colleague are interested in applying for a judicial Director position, we invite you to talk with a current Director to discuss serving on the Board and to ask any questions you may have. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to make a connection!
For members attending the National Conference on Juvenile Justice in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, March 22-25, 2020, an informational panel discussion will be held for those interested in future Board service. Check back here for additional information as the discussion time and date is finalized. Details will also be included in your registration packet on site.